Going vegan never means that you are taking a vow to satisfy yourself with some boring meals. After all, you are only avoiding animal foods, and you have the whole plant-based foods to experiment on. Here are some vegan snacks that you can munch in during the evenings or whenever you like it.
#1 Cashew No Bake Snack Bars
The recipe doesn’t involve any baking.
Ingredients For Bars
- 1 ¼ cup dried pineapple
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- ½ cup shredded coconut( unsweetened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Ingredients For Frosting
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Lime juice
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Lime slices
- Use an 8inch parchment paper to line a square pan of the same dimensions.
- Add pineapple, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and shredded coconut to a blender and process them. After the ingredients are blended well, add sunflower seed butter and vanilla extract, and blend again until all ingredients in the batter combine well.
- Press the batter into the square pan
- To make the frosting, blend 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, lime juice and coconut oil until smooth. Spread the frosting on top of the bars and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take it out from the fridge and slice into squares. Sprinkle some shredded coconut and drizzle some maple syrup over the bars.
- Store the bars in the fridge. Room temperature is fine but the frosting begins to melt after about an hour at room temperature.
#2 Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas
The simple recipe takes not more than 10 minutes for preparation.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp nutmeg( optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Slice the bananas into 1/3 inch thick rounds.
- Combine cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg in a small bowl and keep the mixture aside.
- Lightly spray the oil on a frying pan and warm over medium heat.
- Add the banana rounds onto the pan and sprinkle ½ of the sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.
- Cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the banana rounds and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mix over them.
- Cook them for another 2-3 minutes. The bananas should be warmed enough and turn soft.
#3 Salted Almond Honey Snack Bites
This 10-minute snack is super tasty and healthy.
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- ¼ tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add almonds and oats to a food processor and pulse for 20-30 seconds. The almonds and oats should attain the texture of coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the above mixture to a large bowl. Add in vanilla extract, almond butter, honey and sea salt.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to form a thick dough. If the dough is too wet, sprinkle some oats and stir.
- Roll the dough into medium sized balls and roll into sesame seeds. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
#4 Mediterranean Pinwheels
The super easy snack makes a delicious party food.
Ingredients For Tahini Sauce
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic
- salt pepper
Ingredients For Pinwheels
- Cherry tomatoes
- artichokes in a jar
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Slice the olives, artichokes and tomatoes.
- Spread one tbsp of Tahini sauce over a tortilla and add the veggies on top of it.
- Roll the tortilla and cut it into pinwheels.
#5 Turmeric Snack Bites
The snack is perfect if you are craving for a sweet snack.
- 70 grams walnut
- 8 pitted Medjool dates( roughly chopped)
- 70 grams unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender and process until the walnuts and dates break into small pieces. The mixture should stick together. If the mixture is excessively dry, you may add some more dates. You have to stop in between to scrape the sides of the blender.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized bowl and roll it into medium sized balls.
- Store in the fridge.
#6 Pistachio Granola
The crispy sweet with a subtle sweet taste can be prepared in ten minutes time.
- 1 cup roasted pistachios(unsalted)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to.
- Using a parchment paper, line a small baking tray.
- Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and toss it to make sure all the ingredients mix well.
- Spread the mixture over the lined tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes until the pistachios turn golden-brown. A rich toasted smell will come out.
- Take the tray out and let it cool.
- Serve by sprinkling some coconut yogurt or almond milk.
- Store in an airtight container; room temperature will be fine for the snack.
So the next time your friends keep asking you how you manage, being on a vegan diet, serve them any of these snacks and let them know it for themselves.