Veganism never limits your choice of food favors in any way. Spicy, sweet or sour, whatever be the flavor you love, you have millions of recipes to try.
In this article, we introduce some spicy vegan recipes that are going to add that spicy magic to your meals.
Seltan Fajitas With Papaya-Habanero Salsa
The recipe combines the seitan with bell peppers, of course with abundant seasoning ingredients including garlic, cumin, onion and cayenne.
Ingredients For Fajitas
- A packet of unseasoned Seitan
- cayenne pepper, finely ground
- Ground cumin
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers(small)
- Olive oil
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream
Ingredients For Papaya-Habanero Sauce
- 1 small papaya, roughly chopped after peeling and seeding
- 1/2 small yellow onion(roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Handful of cilantro
- 2-3 red habanero
Instructions To Make Fajita
- Cut the seitan into medium sized strips and mix the strips well with all spices. Keep it aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add in the chopped onions into the pan. Cook until they become soft and translucent. Add in the seitan and peppers into the pan and cook until peppers become tender.
Instructions To Make Papaya- Habanero Salsa
- Blend all the ingredients to make a thick sauce. Taste and adjust the ingredients as per the requirement. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Broccoli In Hot Garlic Sauce
The recipe is perfect for people who like the taste of broccoli and enjoy spicy foods.
- 2 small crowns of broccoli
- garlic(4 cloves)
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Oil(Sesame oil or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp red onion(finely chopped)
Ingredients For Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp tomato sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Wash the broccoli and cut it into small florets. Keep it aside.
- Add all the ingredients for sauce into a small bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add red chili flakes and finely chopped garlic to it. Fry until the garlic turns golden brown. You will notice a special aroma.
- Add in the onions and fry for a minute by stirring continuously, and then add broccoli. Stir it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir fry for a minute until the sauce turns thick. Broccoli in hot garlic sauce will be done by then.