Globally people are adopting veganism, and this is especially true when it comes to plant-based diets. This is mainly due to the health benefits along with other reasons like ethics, religious believes, ideology, etc. Also, keep in mind that the vegan diet is not new, and it has been part of many oriental religions like Jainism and Buddhism as a way to avoid causing pain to living beings. Moreover, with the mainstream adaptation of it by celebrities and athletes, more people are ditching their meat-based diets. In this article, we will look at the reasons for the rise in the vegan diet.
The Global Trend
It is a fact that there is a global trend of people adopting the vegan diet or lifestyle, and this shift is mainly driven by millennials. Two of the major motivations for this are health benefits and environmental concerns. Also, this is accelerated as more celebrities, athletes, and social media influencers are promoting this lifestyle. According to multiple large food and beverage companies, this trend is here to stay, and the market for plant-based food products is set to grow in the coming years. Finally, the vegan diet is promoted by huge corporations in their cafeterias.
Listed below are the statistics for the demand for vegan consumer goods globally.
- Google search trends show that there is an increase in interest in veganism.
- There has been an increase in the number of people who identify themselves as vegans, and this is especially true for the US and UK.
- The plant-based diet is growing across Asian countries and is favored by the dietary guidelines released by governments.
- Plant-based food is favored by the food guide released by the Canadian government.
- Apart from veganism, there is a similar increase in vegetarianism, of which, many transitions to veganism.
- Retail chains are increasing the number of vegan products they offer because of increased customer demand.
- World-famous and mainstream health organizations are favoring and promoting the health benefits of a vegan diet.
Plant-Based And Vegan Diet Trend
The claims and revelations by professional athletes from different sports are proving that plant-based diet is excellent for better performance. Also, disruptive documentaries like “The Game Changers” are changing the way people are looking at a meat-based diet. A plant-based diet mainly improves stamina and endurance because it enhances the metabolism and recovery rate. This is also one of the major reasons that it is favored by oriental martial arts like Karate, Shaolin Kungfu, Wing Chun, etc.
We hope that the details shared above will motivate and help in your transition to a vegan diet and lifestyle.